Wednesday, February 13, 2013

***** The Dream Sequencer by Ayreon - Demonic Space Age Music Unlike Anything I Have Ever Heard Previously


When I first listened to this album it was so scary I wanted to hide under a pillow when I was listening to it.  I was scared to death, but I also liked it in the way a jalapeno pepper's, or in this case a habanero spice is thrilling.  This is the same way I am able to listen to jazz and appreciate it for what it is, even if it is softer, but sometimes death metal is just what the doctor ordered.  My wife actually was the one who called the sound of this album, "Demonic," and I would have to agree with her.  To me that just means that I'll listen to it when she is not around.  However, what I want you, the reader to know most is that this album delivers the goods when it comes to progressive rock.  It really is good music and not fluff pop music.  Sure it might be scary.  However, in my opinion that is just as if this album is as an artist might want to paint with one color more than another to the point of actually making a point with that color.

No comments:

Post a Comment