Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Review of AIWA NSX-V2100 **** Over 12yrs Old and Still Kickin’ Bass.


I got one of these when I was in college.  Several people had them.  At the time they were already the best bang for the buck.  That was back when the idea of having a speaker that was ported to allow for more bass was still relatively new.  Lots of people got ported bass enclosures before me, but this was my second system with a ported bass enclosure.  It was a step up from one I had when I was in high school.  As we speak, my AIWA NSX-V2100 is over 12yrs old and still works great, except for one thing, the cd player no longer works.  In fact, the cd player broke about 12yrs ago, as I used to listen to it daily.  So, obviously, the cd player was probably poorly constructed.   However, I probably bought this puppy for less than $100, and I’d say that I got a good deal.  If I ever have cassette tapes to play, it is my go to device.  The cassette player still works great.  Also, I practically use it daily to listen to talk radio.  Thirdly, it is great for hooking up a cd walkman to, using the aux feature, which also on mine still works too.  I still use it with the factory speakers, and they sound as good as the day I bought them.  In fact, my wife actually prefers the sound of this system to a much more expensive system we have.  Why?  It seems like you have to turn up the volume louder on the more expensive system in order to be able to have good clarity of sound, but with this one, the sound is very clear even at low volumes.  So, even though it broke, I can still use the aux feature to play cds on it and sometimes I do.  The only way an electronic device could last as long as this one is it is high quality!  So, I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because the cd player broke shortly after I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment